Ask Dr. John






With new allergens seeming to appear from out of nowhere and thousands of organic foods now available, Dr John Nowicki, a licensed Naturopathic Doctor, offers insights, product advice, and thoughts surrounding these and other health and nutrition matters.


Dr. John has partnered with the Organic Wholesale Club to offer organic foods at 20-30% below standard retail. Check them out here.

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Healthy Dose of Irony

Have you ever observed an event or a situation that just made you scratch your head, do a double take, or just laugh at the irony of it all? For example, I was on the treadmill at the gym the other morning working off the weekend (wait that is not the ironic part), when all of sudden this overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke fills my oxygen desiring lungs. I look to my left and on the treadmill next to me is an overweight, 60 something year-old man gasping for air and reeking of cigarette smoke. His trainer (a 20 something year old female - coincidence?) is making him walk for 10 minutes as a warm up. I guess the cigarette right before the workout was not enough of a warm up. I had to stop and move to a different treadmill, the smell literally was choking me. And I thought to myself, "what is the point of smoking right before a work out?" I just don't get it.

I remember there was a "anti-smoking" commercial on TV a few years ago that showed a woman smoking a cigarette through a hole in her neck. She had a tracheotomy as a result of throat cancer...and she still smoked.

Or how about the person who goes to the fast food restaurant and orders a double cheeseburger, large french fries, and a DIET soda? Like the extra sugar is the problem.

My father-in-law used to bring the dentist a bottle of Coca-Cola every time he went in for a checkup. That's funny.

Or how about the doctor whose family is sick...like mine is right now :( .

What are some ironic things you have seen/observed? I know you know of some. Post them in the comment section for our viewing pleasure. Make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment